5 Tips for Zoom Party Success!
Before March 2020, many people had not heard of Zoom. It’s quite the platform for sure – if you know how to use it, you know how to have a Zoom party too!
Did you know you can invite artists to your Zoom Party? These days they are becoming experts and have been using it to draw remote digital caricatures, or eSketches™, for a while. Over time they have learned how to make your Zoom events, birthday parties, work meetings, etc., flow smoothly with fewer hiccups and so everyone has a great time!
General Zoom Tips For Zoom Etiquette
Some zoom meeting etiquette is the same whether you’re in person or online. Zoom-specific options, like muting if there are distracting noises, is a feature we only wish we had for in person meetings! Here are some tips to improve your Zoom online events:
- Use the zoom chat feature! This is especially true if your conversation is only between you and one or two other people. Don’t take the focus from the speaker just to share that important idea – or that funny comment – with your friend or colleague!
- Ask guests to log on a few moments early. Depending on your system, and how many people are logging in, it may take a minute or two to get up and running. If a waiting room is enabled, the host will need to let everyone in at the beginning.
- Keep your video on. No one likes speaking to a screen full of blank squares! Now more than ever, we desire to see your smiling faces! If you need to get up, move around or leave for a minute, go ahead and turn your video off as to not disrupt the event.
- Remind everyone to turn off all notifications and silence their devices next to them.
- Avoid logging in to your Zoom Party in the same room as someone else who is logged in on another device. This causes an annoying echo effect! Either log in on just one device and share, mute one device, or have one person go into another room.
More important have fun. This is your opportunity to interact with people. Plus, you can have a great memory to “take-home”.